To maintain its original quality during the installation process and thereafter, please be aware of a few things:
- When handling stainless steel any contamination of irony material will lead to rust like marks and or tea staining.
- Contamination of the steel can occur if using non stainless tools or from dust, swarf or sparks settled on the stainless steel surface from cutting of other steels, stone,etc.
- Stainless steel surface finishes will also be affected by the use of acid. When cleaning tiles, stone or other surfaces with acid, ensure NONE of the stainless steel comes into contact with the acid.
- We recommend electropolishing for pool environments or installations close to a surf beach.
- Clean stainless steel thoroughly prior to and after installation with a domestic stainless steel cleaner/polish.
- Cleaners, industrial, commercial and domestic can contain acid. Ensure any cleaner used does NOT contain acid.
- If tea staining occurs, domestic stainless steel cleaners are sufficient to remove marks or tea staining.
- For more persistent marks use a stainless steel pot scourer to thoroughly remove any contaminant embedded on the surface of the steel, then complete with a stainless steel cleaner & protector.